Friday, September 28, 2012

Christmas? already!?

Okay, I know what you're thinking....you can't believe how long they've already had Halloween merchandise out and it's not even October yet. Well, I felt the same but it spurred me on to thinking about Christmas. Yes, Christmas! And to those of you that know me well, I'm a total Christmas nut! I love the music, the mood, the smells, the decorations.... I just love how it always brings me back to those feelings of childhood wonder and excitement.

I've gotten a jump start on some Christmas card designs for this year and I thought I'd give a little sneak peek!

My family, especially my mom, is super crafty and creative and she's always been great about giving handmade gifts. One year she made everyone a collection of Alaskan themed felt ornaments that were spectacular! This reindeer is my favorite and inspired one of my current designs.



I'm having fun playing around with layering my designs on cardstock and using a bit of a modern design in the background. I'm sure there is a faster way of doing the repetitive designs in Photoshop, but I love the handmade look I'm getting by doing it with colored pencil. There's just something a bit more special about something made by hand. A lesson I've learned from my mom.


3 comments:

  1. Are you going to make a set of these cards for sale? I'd buy some! I have that set of felt ornaments your mom made... they go on my tree EVERY year! I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whimsical blog and ideas. Sorry to say I mostly just enjoy seeing what you do and dreaming that maybe someday I'll go back to glue and paper and create, but right now I'm working on words and stories that are bouncing in my head. Literally Letty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all the Christmas cards you made and sent to me in a Christmas scrapbook...There are truly very special to me. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete