Tuesday, October 9, 2012

gratitude

We were fortunate enough this last week to get to spend some time with my parents out in the Outer Banks. What a treat, to have visited twice this year feels like a blessing! Life runs at a different pace down there, and you can feel it right down to your bones as soon as you smell that salty sea air. We needed the break too, more than I think we realized and so I have a lot to be grateful for....

Most of all I'm grateful for:
my little explorer- who loves running up the beach and trekking in the dunes

an abundance of pelican sightings - I've never seen as many as on this trip (once saw a group of about 40)

walks on the beach- in the morning, during the day and at night


a boy who is so sweet...

and oh so silly

some daddy and Warren time

some much needed time with my mom

crabs!!! we ate them boiled, soft-shelled and even in crab cakes

the sun!! It was October and 80 degrees- need I say more?

birthdays - we had a special celebration for my dad's 60th

family time.....

I'm grateful for the time spent with those we love in a place we'll always cherish. I don't always take the time to be thankful the joys in my life. This week was a good reminder to carry that feeling over and let it spill over into every week. Every day. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful thoughts... wonderful photos... thanks for sharing your wonderful family moments with us!
    Love ya! Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of your parents- will be checking in with them before long! Happy you all had some great times together again.

    ReplyDelete