Friday, October 12, 2012

one thing leads to the next

I've had this really strong positive gut feeling lately....this hopeful energy that has just overcome me. I'm feeling it in my art and my life at it's wonderful. And even though I've had no huge breakthroughs lately or hit it big in the art world yet, it's as though I can feel something building in the horizon. I just have to keep moving, one step after the other....

The more I take small leaps, small steps in any direction, I can feel my art becoming freer and my hesitation in "making a mistake" less and less. (I am a perfectionist after all, and this is a personal battle I'll always fight)


So, I found this ornament the other day when I had pulled out the caribou as my inspiration for some holiday cards (see earlier post). Well, I thought it was so cute and didn't want it hiding away in the box until Christmas. So, I hung it on an upper cabinet knob in the kitchen for awhile and was just loving how I got to enjoy it when I was cooking. Yesterday I pulled out a small board that I'd been prepping for a painting and I was looking at it trying to decide what comes next when the ornament became my inspiration.


I feel like I'm starting to see my world around me better, acknowledging the things that inspire me and allowing it to push my art. 


I'm still putting a few final touches on this one... but I'm lovin' these guys

Maybe I need to go back to my ornament box and dig around for some more fun items! Who knows what they'll inspire!?


1 comment:

  1. Grandpa would have been so delighted with these fish! Do you remember the summer we spent at his place on the canal? I'll never forget it! Do you remember the day we formed a flotilla with inner tubes and rafts and floated around the canals?

    ReplyDelete