Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a Christmas tradition

I've been working on the final touches of our Christmas card for this year (I know...it's totally getting late!!) and before sharing the design with you, I thought you might like to see some of the old ones we've come up with. I was going to share just the cards, but then I thought, "what the heck, just share the entire scrapbook!" We've kept a copy of each card, and on the page for that year I write the quote we used and put the city, state in which we were living at the time. I'm really glad we started keeping this scrapbook, it's a tiny snapshot into our lives at that moment.

With the early cards, I hand colored each one. Yes, each one...I still can't believe it. I had to start REALLY early to get them done on time. I think there have been two years where we didn't complete cards. One year I can claim good justification - Warren was born right before Thanksgiving that year, and I was a little busy! ;-)

It's also fun to see how my artwork has/hasn't changed. Some are old favorites, and some I'm not a huge fan of anymore. But, they all make for a beautiful story of Christmases past.


And here was our first card, all the way back in 1998. 













and finally last years....



2 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas cards! An a great scrapbook collection! I especially like the inclusion of family photos... good job, Girlie! Merry Christmas! And thanks for sharing this glimpse into your scrapbook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pages dedicated to your cards, your parents gift tags and some family photos incorporated into my Christmas scrapbook album...I thought I had saved them all but see I am missing a few of your cards over the years- they are so very precious and I appreciate receiving each and every one. I like the way you scrapped your pages with the photos!

    ReplyDelete