Tuesday, December 11, 2012

little goals lead to big goals


Ever feel like you've been working on a project forever and the end just never feels in sight? Well, I have.... I got this idea for an alphabet collage book a little while after Warren was born  and just look at where the time has gone- two years have flown by!

I put a lot of thought into how I wanted the overall book to flow and I decided on a rainbow background. So each page, and each letter has a slightly different colored background as it slowly progresses through the rainbow. I've always loved collages and wanted to incorporate basic images with my illustrations and of course various letter fonts from magazines. Not only did I want to include your typical animals and foods, but action words and character traits as well (like patience and persistence- both on my P page). Books are an important tool  in exposing our kids to rich language, and I think it's never to early to begin using quality vocabulary in our conversations with them. 

So, I'm finally in my final creative stages and ready to send it off to prospective publishers/agents. It feels good to have reached a goal before the year has ended. (I've been working like crazy on this the last few months!) Ultimately, this project has just entered a new stage, and isn't really done, but it feels really good to have made it to this next step. And especially before the year ended, I really needed this. 

I feel like I'll be open to new inspiration now that this project is "off" my plate. Ready for a new year, new projects, new ???



1 comment: