Friday, August 31, 2012

two birds with one stone


Okay, so I have this weird relationship with "stuff." I don't like when things hang around that aren't being used and just add to the clutter. So I LOVE to organize things and get rid of our unused junk. (I've been known to organize so well that I actually 'hide' things from myself)

But I also HATE wasting things, which is the complete opposite, and so I tend to hang on to stuff that might have another use and end up with a stash of 'possibility.' Which goes against all my organizing in the first place....           ....this is part of my craziness! :-)

Well, I was SO excited when I was able to do a couple DIY projects recently and satisfy a bit of both of my urges!  I wanted to frame a couple of prints that I've had laying around, so before hitting the stores to frame them I decided to check out what we had laying around. And I hit the jackpot!!! 

"Surrender Your Fear"


I liked the style of an older frame that fit Kelly Rae Robert's print, but the color was outdated and ugly. So I just decided to paint it! It took a little while, and a couple of layers of red to get the color just like I wanted it, but in the end I really like the result. And I thought, "what the heck," I'll just paint over it again if I don't like it.

"The Chief Became a Volcano"

I had this larger print of Jesse Reno's and I found a great modern metal frame with a great steel blue tone. The print that we had in it had weathered and rippled and needed to be thrown away. The framed print had been given to us at our wedding 13 years ago, so it had its day! All I had to do was order a custom mat (like $20) and then reframe it myself. It's perfect!

I managed to reduce my 'stuff' laying around and not waste anything - YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment