Wednesday, August 1, 2012

a bloom among the chaos

(Can you see bits of the bike in the egret's shape - a layer I  posted in the last blog?)


I've been working on several larger paintings as I've been progressing through Flora Bowley's Bloom Tue e-course. I've been experiencing a variety of emotions as I move through different stages in these paintings. Excitement....extreme frustration and everything in between. It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster ride! I like some of the grounds that I've built up, but then don't feel overly connected to some of the imagery that I've added. So I've gone back and reworked areas, simplified in others, and although I think they are moving in the right direction these still feel long from finished. However, I did have one lone painting that has emerged and feels, "done." I can't tell you how good it feels to have at least one painting feel like its found its way out of me in the last 8 weeks.


This one measures 11 3/4" by 24" on wood and I haven't titled it yet. I'm really pleased with the composition and colors (I just got this Sap Green and I LOVE it!) and interesting grounds  that it reveals. 

Here are a couple close-ups of some of the areas.




I'll continue to work my way through the others, and I'm sure SOMETHING will emerge!


"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
What is essential is invisible to the eye."
-The Little Prince

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been productive! Wow, there's a lot of variety and options to choose from when you have different pieces going on like that and I miss that! I love how the Egret is happening... from a bike :) How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete