Friday, March 23, 2012

Old dreams come flooding back


I like to listen to a variety of music throughout the day as I work, and I’m LOVING some of the Pandora stations that I’ve created. I often start the day with something a little laid back and then turn it up a notch in the afternoon. Well, yesterday morning I was totally immersed in a current painting project when  Enya’s “Orinoco Flow” came on and it was like I was transported back to the bedroom of my high school years! It was at that huge white desk that I first dreamed of being an artist, listening to her “Watermark” album over and over again as I drew.  It was the first CD that I EVER bought to play on my boom box. (Boy does that date me or what?! ) What an incredible feeling though, like I’ve come full circle, pursuing those dreams of a silly young girl. Only they don’t feel so silly anymore. Now they are important, so important to me.  They are my inspiration and make me feel like I’m becoming the person I’m meant to be. And what a wonderful feeling that is!

From the deep sea of clouds
To the
island of the moon

Carry me on the waves to the land I've never been
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen
We can sail, we can sail
With the Orinoco Flow
We can sail, we can sail (sail away, sail away)

(my sister and I at my high school graduation)

1 comment: