Sunday, June 30, 2013

channeling my inner girly girl


Okay......so I am SOOOOO not a pink and purple kinda gal. 

My class is in week 4 of 5 and I was SO looking forward to this last week like no other, Wall Art, my comfort zone! Imagine my face as we're given the assignment and the color scheme I needed to work in was.... purple and pink. Picture total let down, heart break, a deep black hole into which I had sunk.

But, after the initial crushing blow, I decided that this is something I could do. I can make something purple and pink and totally love it. 

And I did. I totally surprised myself and was actually a little inspired by the end. What other color stories have I not considered that might be totally awesome? I think this project opened my eyes in a way I haven't considered before. While I have pushed myself to try other techniques, I haven't necessarily dived in the realm of color and this really excites me!

Here are a couple close-ups of this mixed-media piece. 





No comments:

Post a Comment