Tuesday, January 22, 2013

growth


Brandon got this super great book for me this Christmas with a reminder that he knows I can make something big happen with my creative heart. Isn't it great to hear those words from someone you love? 

It was a great kick-in-the-butt (that I needed) to get re-energized and re-inspired as this new year begins. I'm only about a third of the way through so far, but for all you creatives out there I would highly recommend it. I haven't had any lightning-bolt moments yet, but she includes a group of creative souls as resources throughout the text and I have found several that I would like to start following in our on-line universe. (My favorite being the uber-fabulous Alexandra Franzen.) 

As I work towards setting some new goals and intentions I keep going back to a simple statement, "You first have to know yourself." Sure it's easy to quickly pass over such a little thing, and want to devour a little further, seeking out the bulleted points of success. But maybe, just maybe it's the bigger question that we all need to think about a little bit more.

Who am I?
What do I want?
What motivates me?

The beautiful thing is that these questions are fluid and impermanent. We can change and grow and rework ourselves 'till we're truly who we want to be.

For me, now....

I believe in the importance of being inspired.
I believe that we must honor the person we were, are, and want to become.
My mission is to create art that speaks to our inner light.


What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment