Tuesday, July 3, 2012

color!!!!!

One of the things I've realized looking back at some of my first experiments with painting is that they really lack a strong sense of color. In fact some of them are quite bland. It almost appears as if I was afraid of color. And maybe I was. It takes a lot more guts to throw down a  pool of bright orange with confidence, than to trepidly apply a bit of khaki here and there.

As I've immersed myself more and more in the painting process I think that my confidence with color and application is beginning to show.  What a great feeling that is! Color can evoke such strong emotions and I'm loving the direction that I'm heading...

Here's some close-ups of a painting I just finished 


text from an old book is hidden in a corner: dreams, visions, and intuition







Only Time Will Tell
16 x 20 mixed media on wood panel
acrylic, oil pastel, and pencil

1 comment:

  1. Amazing work! Makes me think of Willamarie's work... with the beautiful strong colors. Keep on keepin' on, Gal!

    ReplyDelete