Friday, April 6, 2012

Permission to be


I’ve been working a lot lately on developing a more thorough portfolio. And as I look around at my current work, girly illustration-collages, mixed media paintings, more abstract stuff, I’m thinking “What exactly is my style?”  I’m having fun but, “What am I doing?” I feel like it’s such a mix of things right now that it makes me anxious, worried that I haven’t ‘found it.’ I find myself getting caught up asking myself the wrong questions, believing that I have to have an answer. It’s the type A part of me taking over, wanting things to be in their right place, wanting things set in stone, feeling the need to be something that I’m not right now.  

But that’s okay….it’s just a reminder that I need to give myself a little space to be.





to be exploring





to be tangled up in emotions


to be discovering me



It’s about the journey right? 

1 comment:

  1. "Variety is the spice of life"...

    Keep on doing just what you are -

    I am enjoying your blog postings- you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete