Friday, April 5, 2013

finding my truth


I finally did it! I stretched my own canvas...a piece I worked on last summer in Portland.
I had a ton of fun doing it, and it's my largest painting yet (26x48). 

I'm currently deciding if I'm going to change/add/work on it any further. But as I stood back and looked at this baby, a sense of welcomed pride overtook me. I feel like I've come so far since then. Like taking a step back has helped me see me now. 

This painting became the story of me, discovering my truth, honoring my story and my path.




I began with a whale...I wanted to be a marine biologist ever since sixth grade. I was SOOO into whales for awhile. My parents even adopted a whale for me one Christmas. There is something so peaceful and knowing about a whale.


adding more interest...not sure where it's going at this point


What do you want?
TRUTH-my truth to shine through


A girl appears with the body of a salmon. A mermaid sounds more romantic and girly - but she wasn't meant to be one. She's swimming with her whale friend, forward into the darkness, unafraid.


A doorway appears- perhaps an opportunity, a new path


A 'raven' joins us - her insecurities, her doubts, her worry carried on it's wings. 
Calling to her, screeching at her to follow. She attempts to leave them behind and move forward, ever forward.


1 comment:

  1. Great painting... and even greater that you stretched your canvas yourself! New Skills, New Thrills! Keep up the good work! Love from Auntie M

    ReplyDelete