Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Joining the local art scene



I'm thrilled to share that I was asked to present some of my work at a local store here in Three Bridges, NJ! Suey's Scents showcases lots of local artisans and I'm really thankful for being included! This was a great opportunity for me to think outside of my current on-line venue and branch out. This will be a great first step into presenting at other local art fairs and festivals as well as looking for other avenues to share my art. In my preparations, I was amazed at all the details I hadn't thought of before in regards to merchandising. 

What kind of set-up should I use?  
How should I display the custom birth announcements versus the originals, prints and cards?
What should I make prints of?
How many prints should I make of each?
What greeting cards should I print?
What originals should I showcase?



This weekend we went down to Princeton to walk through their Communiversity, Festival of the Arts, to get any last minute ideas for my set-up. I have to say that after finishing my display I have a new appreciation for the unseen work that goes into creating an art festival.

I'm anxious to see what interest might be generated from my work and see what my next step might be, but most of all I'm thankful for the opportunity to push myself forward in this artful journey! Thank you Sue!



2 comments:

  1. Looks great! You are on the right track... keep moving forward, Dominy... I'm behind you all the way. Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Auntie M! I'm experiencing a mix of excitement and nerves as I continue to put myself out there

      Delete