Sunday, February 26, 2012

A wise fortune cookie indeed



A recent dine-in evening brought a little constructive criticism to my door. This surprise from a fortune cookie was staring me down. Was this meant for me or what? Maybe it was telling me enough waiting, and planning and thinking, and thinking some more. Jump in already!

So here I go! I’m diving headfirst into making my dreams of being an artist a reality. I think that I’ve fought against these pulls at my heart for too long and it’s time that I just follow my heart. It seems like such a simple thing, following your heart, listening to the whispers gently prodding you on your way. But fear, even fear of success can be a hurdle that only you can overcome yourself. So here I am, a year after working on developing my personal style, finally declaring to the world that I’m here! I’m here to share my art! I’m here to share my heart’s true desire to create interesting, inspiring, beautiful things with my hands.  I hope you’ll join me here as I navigate through the peaks and valleys of unearthing my creative spirit. I feel like everything in my life has been leading up to this point, this looks like a great jumping off point!

So here I go, ready or not, here I come…



2 comments:

  1. Hi Dominy,
    What a great thing you have started- I've purchased LOTS of Mary Engelbreit cards, calendars, books, etc over the years but I will gladly replace her
    with YOU....stick with this-you will do wonderfully!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie! Thank you SO much, you have no idea what that means to me! Thanks for believing in me!

      Delete